Senior Manager, HR
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Senior HR Manager to work as a strategic business partner for UPM Pulp Operation Kymi and Kaukas mills. This position is located either in Lappeenranta or in Kuusankoski, Finland.
To enable business success, UPM's Human Resources proactively influence development of the needed capabilities and culture. We are divided into Business HR, Group HR and HR Services, but we work as one HR.
UPM is one of the world's leading producers of northern softwood, birch and eucalyptus pulp. We supply global customers in end use segments such as tissue, specialty and packaging as well as printing and writing papers, and board, through our own sales and technical service network close to customers. UPM Pulp operates four modern pulp mills, three in Finland and one in Uruguay, as well as eucalyptus plantations in Uruguay. UPM Pulp employs approximately 1,600 people. Annual pulp production capacity is 3.7 million tonnes. Pulp Business is part of the UPM Biorefining Business Area. www.upmpulp.com
Greetings from your future manager
“In this role you can utilize all your competences in HR and leadership area and learn more. Senior HR manager provides strategic support to mill management teams and daily support to front line managers. You will be supported by professional and energetic HR colleagues.” – Minna Palho, Director, HR, Finland Pulp Operations
What you’ll do
Your role is to ensure strategic HR partnership for two pulp mills: Lappeenranta Kaukas and Kuusankoski Kymi. You will be a member of mill management teams.
- Be a partner with managers and provide HR solutions to achieve business targets
- Drive impactful and strategic people-related change, while developing programs across your responsibility area (resourcing & recruitment, talent development, leadership and competence development, engagement, organizational development, performance, change management, compensation & benefits)
- Provide expertise in employee relations, labour law and collective agreements
- Develop well-being and safety together with line management, employee representatives and Occupational Health Services
- Ensure that line management is up-to-date and informed about UPM HR processes and policies
Who you are
- You have a relevant university degree
- You have a minimum five years’ experience in HR
- You are enthusiastic about change management, leadership development and organizational development
- You are a proactive and result driven person and can see the essential in complex business and organizational environment
- You have excellent networking, communication, coaching and influencing skills
- You are fluent both in Finnish and English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: You will get to work with an experienced team, who is eager to make UPM one of the most wanted workplaces in Finland.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information, please contact Minna Palho, +358404147890.
Please apply via the link below and attach your CV and cover letter latest 2nd of December, 2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.