Senior Manager, Business Control Development, UPM Raflatac
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Senior Manager, Business Control Development, UPM Raflatac. This position will be located in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Raflatac is labeling a smarter future by developing innovative and sustainable labeling solutions complemented with world-class service. As one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labeling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.8 billion) in 2018.
The aim of Business Control in UPM is to be agile and visible, accelerating UPM’s growth and success. This happens through driving digitalization, creating business value through reliable insight, being proactive and looking forward and outward, experimenting, being solution orientated and embracing change. We develop ourselves, take ownership and have a 360 degree view of Finance.
Greetings from your future manager
“You will take a leading role in developing Business Control practices as well as finance and business processes. You will help our global Business Control embrace challenges and opportunities, such as ERP implementation, data analytics and digitalization. You will have a fantastic opportunity to be in a very agile business with a fast-paced working environment, where you will enjoy many opportunities in which to excel.” -Stefan Mebus
What you will do
You will be responsible for developing Business Control practices at UPM Raflatac, with an emphasis on the development of Finance and Business processes. You and your team will interact with the UPM Raflatac Business Control team as well as UPM Group Finance, and either lead or actively participate in development projects.
- In close collaboration with the Head of Raflatac Business Control, you will take responsibility for the development of Business Control practices and processes, and related change management
- Take an active role in the ongoing ERP feasibility study
- Lead and develop a team of development managers (for example in product costing and inventory processes) and analysts, and provide guidance and clarity of direction
- Develop capabilities and practices related to digitalization, business process optimization, data management and analytics, in collaboration with UPM Finance and Control Development
- Provide support to management, for example in result forecasting and analysis
- Ensure compliance with UPM Group Finance processes, such as fixed cost budgeting and financial target setting
- Maintain and develop the UPM Raflatac Internal Control Framework and participate in developing compliance and risk management practices
- Be part of the Raflatac Business Control Management Team and contribute in developing the organization
Who you are
- You have a Master level degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent with min. 5 years work experience
- You have proven leadership and influencing skills in a global matrix organization, and are able to lead and implement change
- You have a process development mindset. Previous ERP implementation experience is considered a plus
- You combine conceptual thinking with hands-on implementation capabilities
- You have in-depth knowledge in financial issues and enjoy analytical challenges
- You are experienced in project management, with an open mindset and a positive attitude towards a dynamic environment
- You are proficient in financial modeling and eager to turn data into actionable information
- You have good knowledge of business processes and actively to drive global harmonization
- You are able to summarize essentials and you have good presentation skills
- You have high integrity and are willing to drive compliance in daily operations
- You are fluent in English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information, please contact Stefan Mebus, Vice President, Business Control, tel. +34690947722 during office hours.
Send your application with CV and Cover letter via the link by 2nd of August 2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.