#investementservices #seniorlegalcounsel #wealthmanagement #legal
Would you like to join Wealth Management Legal Team in Finland ? We are now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel with solution oriented mindset to provide legal advice in respect to all investment services and products.
As part of Nordea global Group Legal, Wealth Management Legal supports all Nordea business units providing investment services with a range of legal advice from day to day support to assisting in service and product development, regulatory implementation and authorities interactions.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the WM Legal FI team. We add value by supporting all the business units regarding investment services in creating great customer experiences. As Senior Legal Counsel you’ll play a valuable role in providing legal support in our highly regulated financing sector.
What you’ll be doing:
- You provide legal advice related to Wealth Management and Custody business, in a large variety of legal areas – especially in EU level investment services regulations
- You develop existing processes and tools to make our legal service even more efficient and easy to access by our clients, such as investment advice tools
- You participate in drafting international agreements
- You act as legal specialist in a close dialogue with e.g. authorities, Nordea’s project teams, internal and external legal advisors, etc.
- You contribute to creating right solutions and making our customer satisfaction stronger
You’ll join a great team of highly committed lawyers that work closely together with our Nordic legal colleagues forming a true Nordic team with them. Currently we are 5 lawyers in the Finnish team. The role is based in Helsinki.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are willing and able to work with cross-border colleagues creating solutions as a Nordic team and implementing the solutions locally
- are able to work with both legal colleagues and stakeholders in business independently and in teams
- are able to handle multiple tasks and multiple stakeholders and to prioritise effectively
- have a pro-active, agile mindset and strong problem-solving and influencing skills
- are interested in investment services business
Your experience and background:
- Master degree in Law in Finland
- Fluent in Finnish and English (professional level both spoken and written)
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in similar legal or compliance role in the financial sector or in reputable law firm
- Good knowledge of Mifid 2 regulations and civil and consumer protection laws
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 26/09/2021. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Jaana Pohjanheimo, tel. + 358 50 582 9441, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or direct messages will not be accepted or considered.