Senior Legal Counsel, Group Legal, Group Corporate Law, Helsinki
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea.
Interested in coming on the journey with us?
The purpose of the role is, as a senior legal counsel, to provide knowledge and expertise in the Finnish company and banking law issues as Nordea's headquarters are being moved to Helsinki.
The role is also to provide knowledge and give advice on the Finnish stock exchange issues as Nordea will be a Finnish listed company.
Group Corporate Law is a unit within Group Legal, handling legal issues for the Nordea Group relating to company law, corporate governance, general meetings, mergers and acquisitions.We support the group in complying with the legal obligations of being a listed company and we are co-ordinating the work with the group's internal directives and instructions.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the main responsible person for Finnish company and corporate law matters
- Be the main responsible for Finnish stock exchange issues
- Handle/assist in Finnish M&A matters that the Nordea Group does
- Be a part of the regulatory expert team as regards the Finnish part of the Group Internal Rules process
- Advice the Group Executive Management and other stakeholders as regards the above mentioned matters
We are a Nordic team with currently 15 members, out of which 13 are lawyers, and we work with challenging legal matters in a complex and ever changing environment.
The role is based in Helsinki.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You should be able to take ownership, drive and act with courage and independence, show common sense, be solution oriented and business minded. You further need to have very good collaboration skills, an open mind and positive attitude. The role could potentially entail a team leader role.
- A law degree on master level from university
- Skilled lawyer with several years legal working experience in large, preferable international organisations
- Fluent in Finnish and English (both written and spoken) and good command of Swedish is a benefit not a requirement
- Result oriented, have a capacity to take initiatives, capable of working under pressure and at the same time with several assignments
- Willing to make strong commitment
- Personal patience for complex assignments as well as day-to-day assignments
You have until 20 May 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Snöbohm Maria, email@example.com.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.