Senior Legal Counsel, any of the Nordic capitals
We are looking for an experienced competition lawyer to join Nordea as senior legal counsel. This is an opportunity for you to be an appreciated team member and with your personality, creativity and expertise contribute towards the continued success of Nordea.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Group Corporate Legal a unit within Group Legal supporting the organisation with legal advice in a wide range of issues relating inter alia M&A, joint ventures as well as general corporate and commercial matters. We aim to always keeping a customer and business focus in everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for competition law issues in the Nordea Group
- Advice on legal issues in connection with M&A and joint ventures project, co-operation agreements as well as general competition law related matters in the group
- Assess and inform internal stakeholders on competition law and market practices in order to enhance awareness of legal risks and opportunities, responsible for training within the competition law area
- Be responsible for that the business has sufficient legal support and processes in place to conduct business in a compliant manner
- Be responsible for all contacts and correspondence with the competition authorities
The role is based in any of the Nordic capitals.
Welcome to a high performing Nordic team that works proactively and closely with our stakeholders.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Proven ability to find or create right solutions to complex problems
- Master's degree in law
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience, preferable from a top tier law firm or competition authority Experience in merger filings to the European Commission as well as local merger filings
- Experience with advising senior management
- Knowledge and experience in working within the financial sector is an advantage
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 2 June 2019.
For more information about the position, please contact Maria Snöbohm, +4610 156 52 32, +46 708 136 578, email@example.com
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.