Senior Lecturer in Aviation Business (3 positions)
Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
We are looking for three (3)
Senior Lecturers in Aviation Business
for permanent employment starting January 1, 2021.
The vacancy at Haaga Helia Porvoo Campus / Aviation Degree Programme directly relates to the Aviation Bachelors in Business Administration and the Masters in Aviation Business Administration. Ideal applicants thrive through intellectual leadership and strive for academic excellence and inspiring students and colleagues around them.
The senior lecturer role involves mostly a teaching role within the current degree programme or in other courses that can benefit from hers/his expertise. The lecturer can be asked to take part in other initiatives led by RDI department as well as other non-lecturing oriented departments. Based on the needs of the programme, lecturers can either take place in-campus (Southern Finland campuses of Porvoo, Haaga or Pasila, Helsinki), in our partner campuses /eg. Chongqing, China or online.
The candidate is expected to be able to create learning materials whenever required based on the university and programme guidelines, as well as to implement them during the semesters. Ideally, the candidate has experience on two or more of the below fields within aviation:
- Aviation Operations (Airport, Airline or Ground Handling operations experience)
- Airport Management (Airport management experience through an airport authority/operator role)
- Air Cargo Sales & Operations (Flight Forwarder, Cargo Handling Agent, Cargo Airline sales and operations)
- Customer Services (Aviation, Cruise Industry, Hospitality industries)
- International Aviation Law (Policymaking, Policy Enforcement)
- Aviation HR
Role and responsibilities
- Teach bachelors and masters students, as well as participate in teaching activities for executive education shall the need arise
- Supervise students’ thesis for both bachelors and masters level
- Work closely with colleagues in joint planning and implementation of the programme modules
- Participate in internal and external stakeholder meetings
- Forge and maintain a business and academic stakeholders networks
- Actively participate and assist in the programme development or any reform that shall be required by upper management or ministry
Required qualifications and education requirements
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Aviation or Fields of Economics
- 8+ years of experience working in the aviation industry
- 1+ years in the education industry
- Excellent command of MS Suite tools (including MS Teams) and Zoom
- Full command of written and spoken English
- Pedagogical certificate / qualifications and good understanding of diverse pedagogical approaches
- In-depth experience in accounting and financial management
- International working experience
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Great self and team leadership skills
- Time management and stress management skills
- Multicultural skills
- Global mindset
We offer a dynamic and international environment, an enthusiastic work atmosphere and excellent opportunities for self-development. We comply with a collective agreement for private education.
Apply by November 29, 2020. Please include CV. Note! We do not accept email applications. We will start interviews already during the application period.