We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a senior industrial connectivity Software Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives business line in Helsinki. In this position, you will design and develop software for both existing and new control platforms.
Our organization is strongly committed to agile working methods. We reserve 20% of our working time to continuous improvement. Development is done in SCRUM teams and work is planned in the global Scaled Agile Framework.
• Designing and developing software for new and existing control platforms
• Being a member of a scrum team and enable co-creation of high quality and reliable software according to product backlog needs
• You have knowledge and experience in developing embedded systems as well as the ability to communicate and abstract complex issues to stakeholders in a practical and hands-on manner
• A challenging position in big international diverse working environment
• Global development team working with Scaled Agile Framework
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity for professional development
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in control, automation, software, electrical engineering or electric power engineering
• Knowledge and experience in developing embedded systems
• Fieldbus/ Industrial ethernet knowhow
• Knowledge of industrial IoT and PLC programming
• You are able to communicate and abstract complex issues to stakeholders in a practical and hands-on manner
• You are able to work with legacy code with limited documentation and acquire information from standards
Ideally, you have
• Agile processes (Scrum)
• Knowledge of OPC UA, Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS and Visual Studio
• Finnish language skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67351713 by Tue 23rd April, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Anne Kostiainen, tel: +358 50 332 4489.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com