(Senior) ICT System Expert
Technical Services & Information is one of the most important Technical Knowledge Centers within the Services Business of Wärtsilä, supporting internal and external stakeholders during the life cycle of products and solutions delivered or serviced by Wärtsilä. Our customers recognises our technical support to be one of the highest rated performance areas. World-class technical expertise and product know-how is our goal.
Wärtsilä Technical Services is looking for a Senior Technical Superintendent, ICT / Connectivity to strengthen the Technical Services team in Vaasa, Finland. In this position, you will act as a Senior Expert in different IT solutions life cycle support, enhancements and development projects. We offer you an international working environment where you will gain and develop in-depth know-how of (asset diagnostics, data visualization and other modern digital solutions) for 4-stroke engines including their application in both power plants and marine installations. Join us now!
ICT / Connectivity Team in Technical Services provides deployment and life cycle technical support for Wärtsilä internal and external customers. The expert will be responsible for maintaining connectivity to monitored installations, securing data analysing capabilities by maintaining tools and remote condition monitoring applications. Participating in development, validation and testing of new products and services. Daily routine work includes trouble shooting and customer assistance globally. You will work as an innovative expert in the tip of the spear in the Wärtsilä’s “digitalization system”.
- Act as the super key user for the Monitoring Services solution built on Salesforce
- Act as the super key user for PWD management and lead NEPTUNE in production phase
- Secure data analysing capability by maintaining and supporting diagnostic systems, visualization and reporting tools
- Participate in validation, testing and implementation of new products, solutions and services related to remote condition monitoring
- Work as an innovative and informative technical superintendent towards different development organization inside Wartsila globally
- Maintain connectivity for installations that are monitored, either online via cloud to cloud solutions, via VPN or offline via e-mail servers.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field or corresponding experience
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- Self-management skills
- Desire to learn, adapt and develop both yourself and the solutions
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Good process understanding and application leading skills
- Understanding code written in various programming languages
- Interest in Digitalization, Services, Marine and Energy industry
- Experience in cyber security and password service development and support seen as a merit
- Salesforce experience (Trailhead badges seen as a merit)
- Some knowledge of Qlik Sense, QlikView, NPrinting & web development
- Project and goal orientated working history is seen as a merit
- Some knowledge of C, C#, VB, VBA programming.
Contact person to give further information
You can contact us anytime via Email & SMS.
Janne Lyly, Manager, ICT / Connectivity
Tel: +358 50 3819696 (31.7.-13.8.)
Niklas Donner, General Manager, Technical Service