Senior Global Value Stream Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
We are now seeking a
SENIOR GLOBAL VALUE STREAM MANAGER
to our Operations organization in Vantaa, Finland.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the manufacturing and global supply chain for a new business within Clinical Diagnostics Division. He/she leads the manufacturing, manufacturing engineering and supply chain planning in Vantaa site, and coordinates the global supply chain and the supply capability of the other United States and Europe based Thermo Fisher manufacturing sites delivering products for the same business.
The Senior Global Value Stream Manager has demonstrated ability to develop and ensure the efficient management and implementation of business plans in order to meet product delivery objectives. He/she has driven operational excellence initiatives and best practices, and has demonstrated the ability to balance both the tactical and strategic needs within the business.
- Provide leadership and supervision to manufacturing, manufacturing engineering and global supply chain planning, and matrix leadership role for other operations team working for the same value stream to create a world class operations team
- Drive accountability throughout the operations
- Develop capacity plans and ensure resources to meet customer demand
- Work together with sourcing on supply chain design and supplier management
- Drive root cause / corrective action culture, cost reduction initiatives, and process flow and first pass yield improvement
- Lead and support the Lean initiatives for the value stream
- Manage and action on customer feedback
- Support and participate with Quality, R&D and Engineering on new product introductions
- Maintain positive employee relations through the use of proficient and open communication skills. Listen, support, engage and encourage employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results
Required experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in industrial management, production technology or other relevant field
- Minimum 10 years work experience in manufacturing/operations management, supply chain management or operations responsibility in R&D projects
- Leadership experience and excellent leadership skills.
- Proven track record in leading and implementing continuous improvement and/or lean activities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Fluent, clear and concise communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, build relationships, even in difficult situations, and be thought of as an example by others across all functions.
- Excellent co-operation skills and capability to lead and get results in an international, multi-site environment with matrix organization structures
- Results orientation and a profitability mindset along with the ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work in global environment requiring flexibility in working schedules and some travelling
Additionally we value:
- Experience in manufacturing of complex instruments and associated assays
- Experience in IVD or Medical Device regulated manufacturing
We are looking for an experienced operations professional with strong leadership skills. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer a possibility to work in an exciting global project and to develop our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence for IVD instruments.
Should you have any questions, please contact Sr. Operations Director Eeva-Reetta Uitti at +358 40 802 1980 on 1.2.2018 17:00-18:00, 5.2.2018 9:00-10:00 or 12.2.2018 17:00-18:00. Applications together with CV and salary suggestions should be sent no later than Wednesday the 21st of February.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1098745
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Vantaa