Boliden Kevitsa located in Sodankylä, Finland, is seeking a
for a fixed-term substitution period of one year.
Senior Geologist will join our Geology team reporting directly to Chief Geologist. She/he participates to mineral resource estimates, interpretation and modelling, in addition Senior Geologist will lead the Grade Control operations.
The key responsibilities include:
- Developing safety and showing good example in safety
- Mineral resource estimates, geological interpretation and modelling
- QAQC of Grade Control and resource drilling and sampling
- Monitoring the compliance and ensuring delivery of expected grades
- Improve geotechnical understanding of the deposit
- Train and mentor geologists, geological technicians, miners and drillers in the geology of the deposits as it relates to their role
- Diamond Drill planning, logging and sampling supervision
- Management and leadership of Grade Control staff
- Substitute the Chief Geologist when needed
Education and qualifications
The appointee will have:
- MSc Degree in Geology
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in mining or exploration
- Understanding of safety risks in mining operation
- Fluent skills with work related software, especially 3D
- Geological and economical understanding of different kind of ore deposits
- Good communication skills and ability to maintain good relations with customers and suppliers
For more information, please contact Sini Hunter, Senior Geologist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to an interesting job!
A successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with enthusiasm towards his/her work. The employment starts in mid-September 2019 and ends in October 2020.
Please submit your application letter and CV online at https://www.boliden.com/career latest by 8th of September 2019.