Senior Firmware Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton manufactures 3-phase UPS devices and battery energy storage solutions for the EMEA market at our facility in Espoo. In addition to traditional UPSs we develop energy storage and hybrid UPS solutions. The future trend for UPSs is to be a part of the grid and support usage of renewable energy.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer you will take on interesting assignments with developing multiple modular products and solve problems down from hardware level to user interface design. You will work within our world class Engineering Team in our Espoo Site as well as our global colleagues.
Your key deliverables:
- Responsible for firmware design, implementation and documentation
- Assist in evaluating and building code and testing it in real-world conditions
- Solving technical challenges
- Coaching and mentoring your colleagues
- Supporting R&D management in FW development
- Developing and maintaining multiple modular products and solving problems down from hardware level to user interface design
- Defining firmware architecture as well as developing code and testing it in our high power (MW-scale) electronics laboratory
- Participating in reviewing and planning features
There is some room to tailor the content of the role according to your skills and wishes.
The role is a fantastic opportunity to work within a World Class Engineering Team and to cooperate with global teams at Eaton.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience with programming in C and C++
- Interest in electronics and coding
- Experience in writing Unit and System tests
- Proficiency in English
- Good problem solving skills
- You are self-driven
- Knowledge of power electronics
- Knowledge of control systems and algorithms
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, Modbus
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Knowledge of other languages such as Python
- Knowledge of programming in embedded Linux environment
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
We would like to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton is a global power management company, and as a part of Eaton you will have the possibility to work from near the bare bone DSP code to more high level user-interface programming
- You’ll have the opportunity to experience R&D working in a global environment and learn from our senior power electronics experts globally. You’ll hone your engineering and coding skills while developing new cutting-edge UPS devices to help Eaton’s customers manage their power needs more effectively and efficiently
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Option for extensive remote working