Senior Engineer, Battery ModuleValmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Who we are and what we do?
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally 4.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle business line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
Here’s where you’ll make an impact:
You will have a key role in Battery Module Engineering product design. You will contribute your in-depth technical experience to the project team through coaching. You collaborate with the project team of battery module engineering from the beginning of the project to SOP in collaboration with internal and externals stakeholders. You are family with the process approached working model and requirements handling.
We expect you to have/are:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in the field of engineering or other suitable qualification
- Several years’ experience in similar position and strong engineering project work experience
- Process orientated working model and you are family with IATF standard
- Good reporting and communication skills with internal & external counterparts
- Good knowhow about mechanics engineering, materials, joining techniques and industrialization methods
- Battery engineering experience
- Understanding of battery module structure e.g. battery cells, electrical insulation, gap pads, gap filers, cell contacting etc.
- Team coordination experience, delegation capability and ability taking responsibility
- Good CAD Catia V5 know how with PDM experience
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing English. Finnish and or Germany considered as an asset
You will be part of our global team which are locating in Germany and Finland. You can choose one of our engineering offices which are located at Bad Friedrichshall, Munich, Uusikaupunki, Turku or Salo for your main location.
Our special extras:
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- Friendly colleagues ready to support you
- Performance-related annual bonuses
- Possibility of remote and flexible working (if your position allows it)
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
Simply upload your application documents via our application tool by 14.8.2022. If you’ve got the basic skills we need, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!
If you have any questions before you apply, Mr. Jouni Koskinen, Project Manager, will be happy to hear from you on +358 50 317 1252 (available w31 – w32).