Senior Development Manager
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an energy system integrator, we – Wärtsilians - understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Our solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. We support our customers over the lifecycle of their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Did you know that Wärtsilä has 72 GW of installed power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
We are now looking for a Senior Development Manager to the Fuel Services team in Technical Sales Support and Product Performance function in Energy Business Technology and Product Management Business Unit. This position will be reporting to General Manager, Fuel Services.
The location for this position is Vaasa, Finland.
- Develop and maintain Fuel expertise for Energy Business (power plants)
- Supporting sales, business development and customer delivery project teams
- Work closely and proactively with other business divisions and other teams within Energy Business
- Develop fuel specifications for Wärtsilä Energy Business products for competitive advantage
- Develop and maintain Fuel portfolio, existing and future fuels for Wärtsilä Energy Business
- Establish and further develop external networks and work closely together with external parties
- Develop methods and capabilities to serve customer needs in their fuel issues
- Problem solving using the expertise & laboratory equipment of Fuel Services
- MSC in Chemical Engineering main subject Chemistry & Process Chemistry
- Customer focus, open and development mindset with good communication skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), Swedish & Finnish is a benefit
- Excellent knowledge of Chemistry in industrial setting
- Experience of carbon free / neutral fuels ex. Hydrogen, Ammonia e.g.
- Liquid & Gaseous fuels know how and combustion & emission knowledge
- An interesting opportunity to work towards a 100% renewable energy future
- Become a team member in the close-knit, highly professional Fuel Services team where we support each another and share openly information for discussion to maximise our understanding and output.
- The Fuel Service team will be part of the new Smart Technology Hub that is built in Vaasa. It lets Wärtsilä's talent around the globe take part in enabling sustainable societies by creating innovations for smart marine and smart energy ecosystems.
- We have an amazing team and are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague with a shared passion for smart technologies and a sustainable future.
Please apply by 12th October, 2020.
Contact person to give more information:
Olai Lagus – General Manager, Fuel Services
Telephone: +358 50 5675543