Sanoma News & Feature Media digital development team is looking for
Do you want to have your work seen by half of the Finnish population? Do you want to help the best journalists in Finland to excel in their job?
Sanoma News&Feature Media digital development team is looking for a highly skilled senior developer to work on our news web sites such as Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Aamulehti and Satakunnan Kansa. In this role, you will design, create, and implement various TypeScript and Scala -based solutions for the business that will range from building weather applications to database programming.
To ensure success as a senior developer, you should have a specialist level of understanding and skill in developing a broad range of applications and proprietary solutions. A top-notch senior developer will be comfortable working independently and be able to deliver top-quality, error-free work on time.
Senior Developer responsibilities
- Designing, creating, and implementing TypeScript and Scala -based applications
- Interpreting briefs to create high-quality code that functions according to the specifications
- Determining application functions and building objectives with the team
- Ensuring that written code falls in line with the project objectives
- Problem solving with other team members in the project
- Identifying and resolving immediate and potential issues with applications
- Participating in group meetings to discuss projects and objectives
- Assisting other developers with troubleshooting, debugging, and coding
- Meeting deadlines on fast-paced deliverables
- Taking part in on-call rotation for production systems (optional)
Senior Developer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification
- At least 4+ years of experience in working with Scala and TypeScript
- Practitioner level understanding of AWS
- Insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to work with other developers and assist junior team members
What we offer
- Opportunity to hone your cloud skills as a senior developer, performance optimizer and a solver of hard technical problems
- Open culture that supports your development and embraces constant improvement
- Large-scale business critical software development environment to develop your skills
- Workplace located either in Tampere or Helsinki, hybrid office/Finland remote way of working model
Interested? Apply now or ask for more information from Harri Virtala (email@example.com) or Jyrki Hokkanen (firstname.lastname@example.org). This position is fulfilled when a suitable candidate is found.