We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer/Verification at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for planning and executing test programs in R&D projects. You will work in close co-operation with different design teams, approval engineers and authorities
• Planning and executing test programs in R&D projects
• Test planning, building the test setups, executing and reporting
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• A versatile job where you will be involved in many different design areas
• You will have a great opportunity to become an expert in the system testing of electric drives
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering
• Several years of experience in designing or testing of frequency converters
• Good oral and written skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Knowlegde of product safety standards of frequency converters
• Knowledge of the regulations of classification societies
• Knowledge of ABB converters
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67762431 by January 27, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ville Eskola, tel. +358 10 222 2672 during business days between 8-16 EET.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com