We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for electronic circuit designs of our variable speed drives and you will participate in system level design and verification. In this position, you need to independently develop technical solutions, which requires innovative and organized mindset. The ability to work as part of a team is equally important.
• Design and verification of control electronic circuits and main circuit interfaces of variable speed drives
• System design in drive projects as well as system level verification and production ramp-up
• Possibility to grow into an electrical / electronic design expert as part of an international team
• Advancement opportunities in technical and other career paths
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electronics or electrical engineering
• Competence in designing electronic systems and components, including PCBA design and system design of electronic and power electronic parts of variable speed drives
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience of similar tasks
• Ability and experience in managing own and others' work
• Knowledge of ABB frequency converters
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66845703 by October 30, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jari Mäkilä, tel. +358 50 332 2200.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com