Senior Design Engineer, Power Electronics
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer for Power Electronics Design at ABB Oy, Drives business line in Helsinki. In this position you will utilize your extensive skills and technical expertise in a variety of design projects.
- Design, dimensioning and verification of main circuit and power electronic components and circuits of variable speed drives.
- Participating in system design of drive projects, as well as system level verification and production ramp-up.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in power electronics or electrical engineering
- Competence in designing power electronic systems and components, such as PCBA design, power electronic component dimensioning, as well as system design of electronic and power electronic parts of variable speed drives
- Fluency in English and Finnish
- Experience of similar tasks is considered an asset
- Ideally you have the ability and experience in managing own and others' work
- Knowledge of ABB frequency converters – especially main circuits – is beneficial
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
We offer you the possibility to grow into electrical design expert as part of an international team, as well as opportunities to advance yourself in technical and other career paths.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI72143504 by December 8th, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jari Mäkilä, tel. +358 50 332 2200.