We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer for PCBA functional testing at ABB Drives in Helsinki. In this role, you will have full responsibility for our Drive Products’ PCBA functional testers. You will take the ownership of our test platform and continuously improve the solutions used.
• Managing new tester design projects from tester suppliers, as well as taking part in their design and review when needed
• Providing support for PCBA testers that are in use in the field
• Taking part in the commissioning of test systems, going on-site when needed
• Managing global test capacity forecasting for PCBA test needs
• Working closely as a link between multiple stakeholders in a cross-functional work environment
• Performing data analyses / SPC quality monitoring to identify issues requiring actions
• Demanding but rewarding tasks in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal and career development
• The possibility for different career paths
• The possibility for expat assignments
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electronics or electric engineering, computer science or equivalent education.
• Several years’ experience in test development for functional testing for electronics
• Excellent knowledge of NI TestStand and LabView environment
• General knowledge of different programming languages & scripting
• Willingness to take the initiative and work a proactive way both individually and as a team member Willingness to travel globally
• Good communication skills in both Finnish and English
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of ABB Drives products
• Experience in Boundary Scan test design
• Quality know-how and Six Sigma training
• Self-driven & Proactive personality
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68362342 by June 9, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Juha-Matti Holappa, Design Manager, tel. +358 50 332 3955.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com