We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer, Electrical Development at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for electrical design of cabinet build frequency converters in product development projects.
• Simulation, component selection, and dimensioning of frequency converters
• Act as a key member and subject matter expert in R&D projects
• Working in cooperation with various interest groups such as other design teams, production, sourcing and marketing
• A challenging position in a friendly work environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• Excellent career advancement opportunities in a large global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc.in electrical engineering or power electronics
• A few years’ relevant experience
• Knowledge of electrical system design, industrial electrical installations and AC/DC grid phenomenon simulations
• You have excellent cooperation, organizational, and analytical skills, work well as part of a team and have the ability to perceive the big picture
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Familiarity with functional safety, simulation tools such as ANSYS Simplorer and database-based design tools such as EPLAN
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66184259 by September 16, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Samu Naukkarinen, tel. +358 50 3323 186.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com