Senior Data Engineer - Helsinki
Together, we can power the future as a European payments champion
Working for Nets, you’ll become part of an exciting growth journey. We’ve set out to make it easier and more intuitive to handle payments, because we see it as the foundation for growth and progress both in commerce and society. In Common platforms team within Data & Analytics department, we deliver a multi-tenant Big Data platform having end to end responsibility including architecture, engineering and operations. Furthermore we operate shared data and analytics services including reporting & dashboards, master data mangement and meta data as well as drive standardization, strategy and road map for data engineering and finally we are 5 % geeks, nerds, husbands and wifes.
In this role, you’ll power an easier tomorrow for all of us
You’re expected to develop your talent and aim higher as you work to change payments. You’ll build on our proven track record of developing and delivering innovative and reliable solutions and our strengths as a Nordic leader with 50 years of experience within payment solutions. Your key responsibilities are developing critical shared components such as ingestion framework, data quality and master data management integration in addition to driving standards and best practice for Data Engineering on our Big Data platform. Furthermore you are to collaborate with and advise application feature teams for technical solution design as well as quality assure data pipeline releases and deployments.
You contribute with skills, ambitions and that little personal twist that makes us succeed
It’s the full package that you bring to work every day that gets the job done. Your professional acumen and experience form most of your qualifications, but it’s your personality that makes the difference to succeed in this role. Especially the little twists we all have that makes us personalities instead of just a person.
To support continued growth and ensure delivery of several strategic projects within Nets, we are now extending the team with a Data Engineer familiar with the Hadoop and Big Data eco system.
Your professional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant education i.e. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Senior developer in either Java or Scala – knowledge of Python a plus
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem including Spark, Hive, and HBase
- Experience with real time streaming technologies like Kafka, and Rabbit MQ
- Experience with midrange technologies like Linux and RDBMS an added advantage
- General knowledge of Data management, ETL, and Data Quality principles
- Interest in Fintech Sector
Besides that little twist in your personality that makes you, we are looking for a colleague who:
- Team players above all, but also able and willing to work independently
- Proactive, result-oriented and structured approach
- Excited, energetic and actively engaging with colleagues on all levels of the organization
- Able to joggle many tasks of different complexity, duration and urgency
- Fluency in Finnish and English both verbal and written
Changing the future of payments takes strong personalities
Joining Nets, you’ll join a fast-growing tech company. Together, our size and your ideas have the impact to shape the world of digital payments. Trusted by 240 banks and 400,000+ merchant customers and backed by ambitious owners who understand our industry, we have the foundation to succeed. You’ll work and learn alongside skilled and open-minded colleagues and leaders in a supportive, international and informal team culture. Our customers rely on you all to help them stay ahead of the competition by making life easier every day for their customers… you and me.
Power your career. Apply now or at latest 31.07.2019
Are you interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Head of Common Platforms Thomas Bolding, +358 505 944 714, email@example.com. We conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac, www.semac.no.