Senior Data Analyst
We are looking for a self-guided, results oriented and collaborative person as
Senior Data Analyst
to join our Data Analytics, Development and Process team at Neste Procurement in Espoo.
Your part in Neste journey
In your role as a Lead Data Analyst you will work with all Procurement teams, our suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders. In your role you will have the responsibilities for creating the Data Story for Procurement and you will also have the ownership and development of streamlined data integration for the Procurement Data Driven Decision Making. Your work consists of creation of self-guided analytic tools for end-users as well as either managing or participating in assigned development projects. You will also have a role in robotic process automation (RPA) activities, category dashboards, supplier scorecards and Procurement performance monitor. Continuously seeking for improvement is important in this role and we expect you to contribute actively to our Analyst community at Neste.
Data Analytics, Development and Process team in Neste Procurement is responsible for developing and maintaining the platform for enhanced Procurement Data-Driven Decision Making. Our team is responsible for data management, analysis and performance metering of the key processes - sourcing, purchasing and supplier management. We are also responsible for the development of global procurement tools, practises and processes.
Our team is an ambitious, dynamic and agile team of analytical mindsets with various experiences and backgrounds. We are highly committed to take Neste Procurement to the next level by providing modern tools & solutions as well as a holistic view on Procurement data to value adding operations together with our stakeholders. We are already on our journey from laborious descriptive analyses towards the culture of data driven decision making including predictive and prescriptive analytics. We are evaluating opportunities of exploiting fast pace developing technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence and beyond.
The keys to success in the position
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master’s degree e.g. in business, engineering, supply chain management, analytics, data science or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience from business or data analyst role (or similar comparable relevant work experience)
- Good understanding of how to turn data into understandable graphs and visual tools for end-users and proven ability to problem solving
- Previous knowledge of creating visualizations with self-service analytics tools (PowerBI)
- Working knowledge of a statistical scripting language (R, Python, etc.)
- Previous knowledge of working with databases and good skills with SQL are preferred
- Strong communication and networking skills, proactive approach on tasks, ability to challenge and willingness to drive change
- Proficiency and fluency in Finnish and English, both written and spoken
We also highly value
- Proven track record in delivering excellent results
- Positive drive and passion for data driven decision making
- Comprehensive knowledge and views on procurement and business analytics tools and applications
- Good understanding and experience of Procurement and its processes such as Requisition-to-Pay, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The work locates mainly in Neste headquarters in Keilaranta, Espoo. In addition, work requires occasional presence at Neste Kilpilahti refinery in Porvoo, which is located only some 40 minutes away from Helsinki city by car.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Taru Lindfors, Manager, Data Analytics, Development and Processes (+358 50 458 4986) on Tuesday 19.1. at 9.00-10.00, on Friday 22.1. at 9.00-10.00 or on Monday 25.1. at 13.00-14.00.
Please submit your application by January 31st, 2021.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.