Senior Backend Engineer - Digital Experience
Zalando Finland Oy
As a Backend Engineer, you will build the components that allow internal stakeholders to create content and optimize their visibility on the Zalando Fashion Store for our 26+ million customers. With your team, you will aim to make this process easy and efficient for our internal users and build features required to support key Zalando commercial events.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build Backend services to support our campaign and content management tools
- You and your team will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS/Kubernetes)
- Full development cycle: Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact customers inside and outside of Zalando
- Work closely with Product to create roadmaps and determine future features
- Collaborate with stakeholders inside the company, peer teams, economists and researchers to deliver the correct solutions to ensure that we achieve our long and short-term goals
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of JVM and JVM languages (Java/Kotlin/Scala). Functional Programming and Data Engineering skills are a plus.
- Experience in building REST APIs.
- Interest in all parts of the software development life-cycle, from understanding the requirements to software development, build, test, deployment and operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, share your knowledge and learn, work actively in an agile team process.
- Interest in learning new things and delivering solutions also outside your core competence. Ex: limited frontend coding experience, working with Google Data Studio reports, modifying DevOps pipelines, etc.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.