Senior Backend Engineer - Connected Retail
Zalando Finland Oy
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you contribute by delivering a brand new and exciting service for our B2B partners in the Emerging Businesses unit, a start up generator within Zalando. Our Connected Retail team is on a mission to connect 640.000 offline stores to Zalando with the aim to make omnichannel work. Therefore this is a chance to have a real impact on the way consumers experience and participate in the fashion ecosystem by building something completely new that is tangible and significant for our customers.
In the role of a Senior Backend Engineer your will master the tech and processes of the product and be a key contributor to the Product and DevOps achieving thought leadership within the team. With you onboard the team can deliver more than just the sum of your output. The main tech stack consists of Scala, Kubernetes and AWS.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build an ecosystem where our partners can connect to and sell at Zalando
- Lead technical development of the microservice backend with other Senior team members and possibly contribute to Front End development
- Participate in company wide development of best practices at Zalando
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High level command of at least one major programming language (preferably Scala) and ability and willingness to learn/work with new languages
- Proven experience in developing a microservice based system
- Ideally: experience in developing, delivering and maintaining a SaaS product, Minimum: track record for working DevOps
- Ideally: experience developing on AWS, minimum: experience developing on a major cloud
- Positive attitude, servant leadership mindset and ability to coach/mentor younger colleagues
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.