F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
Are you interested in working with highly scalable production grade distributed systems and want to work with the most modern cloud technologies, then this role is for you! We, in Detection and Response R&D unit, are looking for a Senior Developer to join our backend team. The technologies we build provide industry leading capabilities to detect and respond to advanced cyber attacks.
The seniority of the role will be ultimately tailored based on your skills and experience.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and operating backend systems
- Understanding the business requirements and finding elegant solutions to fulfill them
- Coaching less experienced members of the team, helping the team to grow in their craft
- Building observability into the systems so that they are easy to operate
- Building CICD pipelines to deploy your code all the way to production
- Take ownership of the systems you develop and resolve any issues should they rise
- Stay up to date with public cloud technologies and understand how to apply those
What are we looking for
- Good communication, team work skills and positive attitude
- Keen interest in understanding the detection and response services and the value they provide
- Solid experience in public cloud technologies and infrastructure, implementing highly-available, distributed backend systems
- Security mindset
- Understanding of modern software development practices that ensure safe, reliable and continuous deployments using cloud native tools
- Fluent written and spoken English
- 5+ years of development experience with Typescript / Node.js / Python
- 2+ years of hands-on working experience using AWS or other public cloud services and deployment automation (e.g. AWS Lambda, StepFunctions, API Gateway, AppSync, ECS, Fargate, IAM, networking concepts, Cloud Development Kit, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Build, S3, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Neptune, RDS, Glue, Athena & EC2)
- Experience and knowledge of some of the following: Docker, NOSQL & SQL databases, REST/GraphQL APIs
About the team
We are a high performing team working on world class systems. We have people from multiple cultures and backgrounds, spread across multiple sites and we use remote-first approach when collaborating within the team. However, this is not a remote-only position.
We work in close co-operation with other teams at F-Secure such as Threath Hunters who provide the Managed Detection and Response service to our clients and with teams who are specialised in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to name a few.
What can you expect from the job
- Well established remote working culture, suited for the current global pandemic situation
- Real meaning for your work, make an impact and help to protect organizations and individuals from cyber threats
- Work in the domain that is the fastest growing market in cyber security (MDR & EDR)
- Use of the most modern cloud based technologies
- Work with highly scalable systems that process billions of events per day as well as serverless REST & GraphQL APIs
- Emphasis on deployment automation and immutable infrastructure
- Something new to learn, even after months and years!
The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so don't hesitate to apply!