Senior Back End Developer
With this position, you will have a chance to develop our big-data based analytics platform and be an integral part of our continuing success story!
You will be a central part of a global Technology Unit, based in Helsinki, Finland, that operates in a truly international business environment with a large global customer base. In addition, you will be able to develop your expertise further with our portfolio of world-class Market & Business Intelligence solutions.
The ideal candidate possesses strong Java expertise in developing solutions to Big Data problems in the text analysis domain: crawling, full-text searching (Solr), text analytics, API integration, and building reliable and scalable systems. In addition to exceptional Java development and database administration skills, the candidate should also be able to provide thought leadership on best practices for architectural design, monitoring and improving platform performance and scalability, and planning for future expansion requirements. The candidate will be knowledgeable about secure software development principles and techniques and will apply them.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in design and development of high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, service-oriented Java applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies.
- Fluent Java (core Java and J2EE) coder with solid knowledge of web technologies like JSON, XML, REST, SOAP
- Solid understanding of Big Data technologies, esp. Solr
- Solid understanding of multi-threading, data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and design patterns
- Proficiency in database administration mainly using NoSQL (preferably MongoDB) databases.
- Solid understanding of test driven development and Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Fluency in English, good organizational skills, as well as proven communication and interaction skills.
- Be a self-starter with a quick learning curve and good analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience of working in Agile SW Development teams
- Ability to learn and specialize in new technologies quickly
Considered as plus:
- Proficiency in database administration using SQL
- Experience with development and deployment in cloud environments
- Open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat, etc.
- Scripting languages like Python
- Experience with applying Machine Learning in the text analytics domain
Desired personal skills:
- Highly analytical and curious mind with at least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- A flexible international working environment
- Other benefits like lunch card, exercise & culture vouchers, massage, gym, occupational healthcare etc.
- Tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement in a fast growing company.
- A professional, challenging environment as part of a world class talented team.
If you see yourself as the right candidate to join the M-Brain family through this position, then wait no further and apply either by filling in the application form on our company website by April 2nd.
This position will be filled on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For further information, contact: Kimmo Valtonen, CTO (kimmo.valtonen(at)m-brain.com).
To ensure a speedy response to your enquiry, please include ”Senior Back end developer” in the title of your mail.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1103945
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki