Senior Aviation Underwriter
AIG Europe S.A.
Are you interested in a position in a dynamic and international setting? We are currently looking for a Senior Aviation Underwriter to be responsible for our Nordic Aviation business. The position can be based at our offices in any of the four Nordic capitals (Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo & Helsinki).
You will contribute to the growth in the region by driving the business plans for our Nordic business development through - underwriting risks, developing and maintaining relationships with existing brokers and executing on our Nordic Strategies. Our readiness to change and adapt to the shifting dynamic of our marketplace means there are new opportunities for people who are passionate, accountable and proactive to develop a range of innovative insurance projects and products.
As a Senior Aviation underwriter your primary task will be Underwriting, Portfolio Management, Marketing, and Operations/Administration within your line of business. You will manage and maintain the responsibility and control of the coordination, communication and implementation of all the Aviation policies together with Regional and Country level management to agree on and implement initiatives which maximize Aviation profitable growth strategies. It is important that you are able to influence others and adopts the Aviation culture and navigate in both our internal and external environment. In this role you will you will manage Aviation initiatives within all distribution channels and service areas and work cross-functionally with other Profit Centers, Claims, General Management and Regional management.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage within delegated underwriting authority
- Provide leadership in establishing requirements for European business in accordance with AIG Aerospace standards
- Communicate timely and relevant information to Local and Regional Management regarding issues and objectives
- Hands-on approach, end to end responsibility for policy life-cycle
- Act as leader and decision maker for all Aviation in dedicated area
- Supports the local operation in the development, implementation, and execution of the Aviation priorities
- Directs the local operation in adapting key Aviation initiatives to local country needs
- Achieve (exceed) budget results
- Work with local controllers regarding all financial reporting (i.e. budgets, monthly/quarterly estimates/results, direct and indirect expenses, tracking reports and other financial issues)
- Coordinate with Claims management
- Seek opportunities to improve synergies and cross sell activities between Profit Centers, distribution channels and companies within the Group
- Manage all distribution channels to assure maximum penetration of target segments
- Assure the compliance of local statutory/regulatory requirements
Skills / Experience / Specific knowledge required:
- Insurance background is critical
- Preferably 4-5 years’ experience in Aviation Insurance
- Known senior profile, strong legitimacy
- Can act in a start-up mode
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Calculated risk taker
- Ability to challenge
- Entrepreneurial nature
If you would like to know more about the position, please reach out to:
- Michael Jensen, General Manager Nordic region, +45 91 32 51 80
- Camilla Westh, Nordic HR Business Partner, +45 91 32 51 47
Please apply for the position through our recruitment portal as soon as possible and before 5th of March. Application are processed continuously, and we only consider candidates who apply through our career site.