Senior Android Developer
Do you want to build mobile payment solutions for the future?
Together, we can power the future as a European payments champion
Payment industry is currently one of the fastest developing industries. Payment terminals and mobile payments are here for now, but how would you like to pay in the future? We're in a position to groom and develop those ideas into products used across Europe.
Our team at Nets is developing different kinds of mobile payment solutions and now we want to strengthen our forces with an experienced Android developer. Solutions that we develop, and own, are a crucial part in smooth payment process where reliability and security are key factors - in the end it can be also your personal money at stake. These applications are aimed to provide outstanding payment experience to the end users while fulfilling merchants’ various needs.
In this role, you’ll power an easier tomorrow for all of us
You’re expected to develop your talent and aim higher as you work to change payments. As a Senior Android developer in the team, that means that you’ll:
- Develop and maintain SDKs and mobile applications.
- Participate in the whole software development lifecycle (design, development, documentation, maintenance) of mobile applications.
- Be (or become as) a specialist in payment technologies.
- Give technical support for 3rd party partners implementing applications on top of our SDKs.
To succeed in the role your professional qualifications should include
- Outstanding mobile software development expertise in Android (Kotlin & Java)
- Experience in Android Studio and Gradle build system
- Interested in latest Android features and improvements
- Understanding of the modern ways of working in software engineering (e.g. Scrum, DevOps, CI/CD).
- Skills in tracing, debugging and structured problem solving.
In addition to the above and to stand-out from the crowd you could also have knowledge of
- iOS development which is a major plus.
- Cross-platform frameworks (Xamarin, React Native & Flutter).
- eCommerce checkout integration (e.g. mobile payment SDKs).
- Proximity technologies (e.g. NFC & BLE).
- Communication protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, Bluetooth).
- C/C++ programming language.
- Building applications/SDK with the Android SDK & NDK.
- Knowledge of custom Android ROM.
You contribute with skills, ambitions and that little personal twist that makes us succeed
Your professional acumen and experience form most of your qualifications, but it’s your personality that makes the difference to succeed in this role. You should also identify yourself from these phrases:
- Passion for coding. You just love programming.
- Outspoken. You share your view when improvements and actions are needed.
- Proactiveness. You know or figure out what to do and when.
- Pragmatic. You know how to solve tasks smartly and efficiently.
- Inquisitive. You have everlasting eagerness to learn more.
- Coaching. You actively share and coach others with the wisdom you've gained.
Your career driven by curiosity and customer insights
At Nets, we are working towards realising a one-company approach to development, innovation and doing business, where you’ll be encouraged to think across borders and business areas to find new ways of merging our products, new technologies and market trends into innovative new solutions.
We want to attract, develop and engage the best talent, which means that at Nets, you’ll be working with colleagues across the Nordics. Whether it is innovation or operation that makes you tick, our company structure allows you to build your own career and grow in a business that encompasses all aspects of the digital payment value chain. We work in a thriving environment characterized by team play and informality and with plenty of social activities within sports, culture and social network.
Power your career. Apply now or at latest 30.11.2019.
Are you interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Iiro Ikäheimo, +358 45 27 32320 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac, www.semac.no.