Senior Analyst to Join Elenia’s Treasury Team in Helsinki
We are Looking for a Senior Analyst to Join Elenia’s Treasury Team in Helsinki, Finland.
Do you have the passion for financial modeling and the desire to see what is behind the figures? Are you interested in working at the cutting-edge energy company with an investment grade credit rating and a €3bn bond programme backed by leading global infrastructure investors? We are looking for a person to a role that offers a unique opportunity to interact with senior management and our owners - providing a vantage point to the business and the whole industry.
Interested? Keep on reading.
What you will do
The Senior Analyst will play an important role in supporting the senior management in decision making and strategic planning through financial analysis and forecasting.
You will be responsible for updating and developing the financial model and long-term business plan of Elenia Group, which is an integral part of Elenia’s financial management and planning. You will also play a key role in evaluating M&A opportunities and key strategic decisions, which in turn requires interest for understanding the electricity distribution business and its regulation.
The Senior Analyst is expected to have ability to communicate the company’s strategy, business plan and KPIs with relevant internal and external stakeholders such as senior management, owners, banks, investors and rating agencies. In order to be successful in the position you should have a holistic approach to financial modeling itself as well as ability to understand all potential operational and financial as well as internal and external factors affecting the business.
The Senior Analyst will join Elenia’s compact Treasury Team located in central Helsinki.
Key responsibilities are:
- Detailed financial modeling of the business within a financial and regulatory framework
- Valuation and financial modeling of M&A opportunities
- Analyzing strategic decisions based on communication with business managers
- Communication and reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- Participating in development projects within the Treasury Team
- Participating in monthly reporting procedures
- Supporting the team in routine treasury operations
What we expect from the candidate
- Sound experience in valuations and financial modeling in Excel
- Experience in preparing presentations for internal and external use
- Ability for problem solving, finding key information and reporting conclusions to senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Finnish and English)
- A university master’s degree, preferably Economics and Business Administration with a major in finance
- Relevant work experience of 2-5 years within e.g. banking, investment banking, corporate finance, equity analysis or management consulting
- Strong collaboration, networking, and project management skills
Our promise to you
We offer a vantage point at the intersection of energy sector, infrastructure investing and international finance as well as strong support from great colleagues. If you feel you are the right talent for this role, please send your application with salary request and an informative CV in English through the provided link no later than 8th September 2019. Please apply as soon as possible, as we start contacting suitable candidates right away.
For further information reach out to Head of Treasury, Mikael Kovero at +358 40 1587 203 on 27th August between 2:00pm and 3:00pm or 5th September between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.