Senior Analyst, Sourcing Business Intelligence and Analytics
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Senior Analyst to join Sourcing Business Intelligence and Analytics team. You are responsible for supporting business specific sourcing management with actionable insights and developing analytics capabilities.
Sourcing Business Intelligence and Analytics team is responsible for supporting sourcing decision makers and business management with insights and developing analytical competence in UPM Sourcing. As part of Sourcing Operations organization, in the crossroads of Sourcing and Finance we are in a great position to benefit from capabilities from both functions and support our stakeholders.
Greetings from your future manager
“Working in sourcing & finance environment will offer you wide view to UPM businesses and to external markets. You can practice your analytics competences and develop new ways of working.” -Jukka-Pekka Hämäläinen
What you’ll do
- Support UPM Raflatac business related sourcing teams by providing forward-looking insights, identifying sourcing opportunities and risks
- Analyse raw material market trends and their financial impact on the business performance
- Manage raw material price forecasting, scenario planning and monthly reporting processes
- Collaborate with sourcing category leaders on sourcing strategy creation and analyse business impact of sourcing decisions
- Develop business intelligence systems and analytical capabilities together with Sourcing BI & analytics team and Raflatac business control team
- Collaborate with external market research partners to deliver new insights for sourcing decision-making
Who you are
- You have a university degree in Business or Technology
- You have 3-5 years of work experience from analytics, business intelligence or business controlling, experience from sourcing or commodity markets is an advantage
- You have excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- You have an ability to turn data into insights, and make data visually compelling
- You have experience working with, or developing business intelligence systems (Tableau, Power BI or Qlik)
- You are a proactive and adaptive person, you have passion for analytics and data-driven decision-making culture
- You are fluent in English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Preferred location to work is in Helsinki, Finland.
For further information, please contact Mr. Jukka-Pekka Hämäläinen, Director, Sourcing Operations, tel. +358406530185 or Mrs. Maria Seppälä, VP, Raflatac Sourcing +358503240 794.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest 12 April 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.