(Senior) Analyst / Data Scientist, #dataduuni
Sanoma Media Finland Oy
Do you want to make an impact on Finland’s biggest media brands with your analytical skills? Transform the consumer data gathered from over 95% of Finns into actionable business decisions with advanced analytics? Help us in the digital transformation of the media industry, together with a great team of analysts, data scientists, and Sanoma Media Finland’s lively community of media professionals?
We are looking for a (Senior) Analyst / Data Scientist focusing on customer analytics in Sanoma Media Finland's Consumer Sales and Customerships unit. Key analytical concepts to master in this position include customer valuation, purchase propensity and churn, marketing automation and media mix optimization. Our unit is heavily data and analytics driven, directly affecting the profitability and revenue of Sanoma.
Depending on your previous experience and current interests, you will have a chance to innovate and renew our current analytical workflows and processes, participate in our data platform development, conduct exploratory analyses of online and offline data, and create analytical insights based on data to understand the customer. You can utilize all your analytical skills ranging from data mining, statistical analysis, econometrics and machine learning on various types of data (transactions, online events, demographical data etc.). We also allow a wide range of tools and environments to manipulate them (R, Python, SAS, AWS etc.). This position also requires a genuine interest in business understanding.
- Transform, optimize, and support the operative consumer sales with data and analytics
- Develop and apply analytical tools to improve customer insight and drive profitability
- Analyze and quantify the identified opportunities
- Design and implement experiments to validate analyzes
Requirements for the job
- Good practical data manipulation and statistical analysis skills, and reasonable theoretical background
- Business acumen
- Can-do attitude, good communication skills, team player, self-guided
- Master’s thesis or higher in data science, computer science, econometrics or in other applicable field
This position offers a unique opportunity to work in an environment consisting of data from millions of consumers, collected from interactions with Sanoma Media Finland‘s wide selection of products including Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Ruutu and Nelonen tv and radio, magazines like Tiede, Aku Ankka and many others, and digital services such as Huuto.net and Oikotie.
Interested? Fill out and submit your application at latest on 2nd of April 2018. Please note that we are reviewing and interviewing applicants already during the application period.
For further information, please contact Janne Nikkilä, Director, Data and analytics, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +358 50 535 4422 on 14th of March at 2pm - 3pm, or on 27th of March at 3pm - 4pm.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1113857
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuaika päättyy: 2.4.2018
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki