Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 27.8.2020
We are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Accountant to join Vaisala's General Accounting and Consolidation team based in Vaisala’s head office in Vantaa. In this role, you are responsible for delivering accurate financials on a monthly basis and developing the financial reporting process together with other General Accounting and Consolidation team members.
Vaisala Finance & Control is responsible for providing financial reporting and statutory compliance for Vaisala Group and its 22 subsidiaries in 16 different counties as well as analysis and financial planning in order to support Vaisala management. Centralized General Accounting and Consolidation team is responsible for financial accounting and statutory reporting of nine legal entities including the parent company as well as for the consolidation of Vaisala Group entities.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
• Independently manage general ledger accounting for assigned Vaisala entities
• Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting principles (IFRS) and other relevant laws and regulations
• Prepare financial monthly group reports and related specifications
• Manage indirect and direct tax and statutory compliance tasks in cooperation with our outsourcing partners
• Perform centralized monthly closing activities related to all group companies and participate in consolidation process
• Contribute to the preparation of local and consolidated financial statements
• Prepare reports to governmental authorities
• Perform other assigned accounting tasks
• Actively contribute to the development of finance related systems and financial accounting process including internal controls, accounting principles as well as efficient ways of working
You will be reporting to Head of General Accounting and Consolidation and you will work closely especially with other accountants, business controllers, tax team, outsourcing partners as well as with auditors.
As General Accounting and Consolidation team is responsible for accounting and consolidation of several group entities, in this role you have the possibility to develop yourself and obtain various challenging tasks and assignments.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting or related field
• At least three years of relevant experience in different accounting functions
• Good knowledge and understanding of accounting standards (IFRS) and processes
• Will to grow within accounting as well as a service-minded, flexible and proactive attitude
• Sense of materiality and analytical thinking
• Experience in Oracle or similar ERP application
• Good MS Excel skills
• Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English
We offer you exciting business environment, very professional and collaborative global team and continuous learning & development opportunities. With us, you will get to work in a truly global company with the mission of providing observations for a better world. Our solutions contribute to societies and people’s lives in over 150 countries. We engage in activities that are designed to help ensure the long-term viability of the planet: our solutions save lives and help our customers manage their resources, energy, waste, chemicals and product yield more efficiently.
Please submit your online application by September 13th, 2020 including your CV and salary expectation.
Please be informed that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
For additional information, please contact Sabina Hellman, Head of General Accounting and Consolidation, tel. +358 50 46 41 185, August 31st between 10-11 or September 8th between 15-16 (GMT +2 time zone).