Telia Finland Oyj
Are you a creative technical mind with interest in cyber security and a desire to learn continuously? Do you have experience developing cyber security capabilities for blue or red teams? Or perhaps you are a software or a DevOps engineer with deep interest in cyber security? Come work with security DevOps tasks in our Global Security Operations Center! We support several locations.
We at the Global Security Operations Center are in the frontlines of Telia Company’s cyber security operations. Our mission is to prevent, detect and respond to cyber security incidents and improve Telia’s resilience against cyber security risks. We are a multinational team operating in several countries. Technical competence, creativity and willingness to continuously learn is held in high regard.
About the role
We are now looking for a new team member to our security DevOps team. Over time your assignments will be various, however you will spend considerable amount of time with public cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) platforms. As part of a team of security engineers, you will design, develop, deploy and operate security controls empowering our SOC/CERT team to detect and respond to cyber security incidents and security anomalies. The work will also entail setting up protective controls, building security automation and providing assurance mechanisms for these.
Security engineers collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders such as our own blue and red teams and Telia Company platform and development teams dealing with threats, incidents and security testing engagements. You will also work with our security architects, specialists and platform teams with secure design and security controls implementation. Initially you will spend most of your time contributing to a key project delivering public cloud security capabilities to our commercial security services.
In addition to having technical competence, you want to empower the blue team in the fight against malicious actors and improve the resilience of technology and digital services in general. Instead of just working with plug and play solutions, you enjoy designing and developing tailored capabilities. You embrace the hack and want to turn off-the-shelf things to a set of truly fit-for-use tools. We don’t expect you to master everything, but we do expect you strive for continuous learning and find true purpose in building something to be proud of.
As security engineer you will work in the following areas:
- Design and develop cyber security operations capabilities and technical security controls improving the security posture, specifically in public cloud platforms.
- Work closely with SOC/CERT and offensive security teams and Telia Company public cloud team and developers to make sure the capabilities are fit for purpose and use.
- Support cyber security monitoring, incident response, threat mitigation and security testing operations.
- Maintain and ensure that our critical capabilities are continuously improved, function properly and are compliant to security requirements.
You have some of the following competences:
- 3+ years working experience in one or more of the following areas: software development, site reliability engineering, system administration, cyber security capability development, security engineering
- Good knowledge and hands-on skills with Windows and Linux
- Understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS and other network protocols. Basic understanding of web application technologies and protocols
- Scripting and programming skills with experience on basic exploit development as well as building and managing your offensive tooling
- Experience with public cloud platforms, especially with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with public cloud security controls and capabilities
It´s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support your need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
Copenhagen, Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Oslo, Tallinn, Tampere, Stockholm, Sundsvall, Vilnius.
If you fancy joining our team, apply for the job via our recruitment system (teliacompany.com/en/careers)! Last application date is 31st of May 2021.
We will start the interviews during the application period and will fill the position as soon we find a person we are looking for. So please submit your application now.
For more information about the opportunity, please contact Head of Global Security Operations Center Pekka Riipinen, by mobile +358403023696 or by email email@example.com
Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch.
Information for Lithuanian applicants only:
Local labor legislation requires us to provide a salary range for this position. Please observe that this range only applies for Lithuania-based applicants that are hired in a Lithuanian location. For candidates from other countries, local ranges will apply. The range for this position is: 2844- 4266 EUR
Welcome to Telia – Home to your next big opportunity!
We are Telia, the New Generation Telco. Everything we do is about connecting the world. We provide people with innovative, easy-to-access and effective ways to keep in touch and communicate with each other anywhere in the world. Networks remain in the core of our business, but as we are also the pioneers in the digital world, we provide services such as Internet of Things, Data Center, Digital Identity and Connected Cars. Be inspired by our New Generation Telco journey and create the digital future with us!