Scientist / Senior scientist, Materials performance
Form of employment: Full time, Regular
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Research and Development
Application period: Monday, July 08, 2019 - Monday, August 12, 2019
With us you will be responsible for
research and projects concerning mainly high temperature material usability and performance in different industrial processes including experimental research work in laboratory and also in field. Experience in performing root cause failure analysis in areas such as corrosion/oxidation, stress corrosion cracking, fatigue and other cracking mechanisms is preferred. You will participate domestic and international research projects, and also participate failure analysis for customer cases.
We expect you to have
- MSc of PhD degree in material science or engineering
- understanding of metallurgy and materials behaviour, especially metallic materials, and understand of the materials and service environment interactions
- experience with SEM/EDX and metallography is essential, knowledge of other analytical techniques is beneficial
- hands-on experience in metallurgy with good lab technique and safe working habits
- experience in proposal writing is preferred
As a person you are
- proactive and have collaborative ways of working
- have ability for continuous learning for new
- have good communication and networking skills, also international
- have an interest in customer work
an inspiring work environment to work in the field of material engineering. You have an opportunity to take a part in domestic and international science research and development projects. The position necessitates limited amount of travelling both within Finland and abroad.
For further information
please contact with Research Team Leader Satu Tuurna +358 40 5668179 (July 25th at 10:00-12:00, August 1st at 13:00-15:00 UTC 3+), or email@example.com.
Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system by August 12th 2019.