Scientist - Lateral flow
PerkinElmer, Wallac Oy
PerkinElmer is currently looking for an
R&D Scientist with Lateral Flow expertise
The Turku Site, with 600 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
We are now looking for an expert in Lateral Flow to join our talented R&D organization, to help drive some of our latest solutions.
- You will be a key member and expert of technologies related to Lateral Flow immunoassays in product development teams
- You will apply the scientific method to solve problems and to design new products that are safe and effective in their intended uses
- You will be a key person in development of new immunoassay concepts utilizing lateral flow technology. You will have an essential role in planning and reporting of feasibility, stability and verification studies, and process characterization and validation studies
- You will co-operate with lab technicians, and when needed, work in the lab yourself as well
- You will be interacting a lot within your team and with other teams from various functions present at Turku site and other PerkinElmer sites
- PhD or similar level or experience in Lateral Flow assays is highly appreciated
- Strong background and practical working knowledge from GLP/GMP level Pharma, Biotech or Life Science industry is appreciated
- Fluent reporting and communication skills in English, Finnish is considered as an advantage
- Proactive, resourceful, independent and a good team player in the cross-functional and international development team
What we offer:
- Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
- Dynamic and innovative culture
- Focus on career development
- Collaborative and diverse environment
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.
Please apply as soon as possible, by latest January 15th, 2021. Please note, that we will start interviews as soon as we find suitable candidates.
For further information, please contact Joonas Siivonen, +358-504705907, preferably on December 21th or January 7th at 15 to 16. Join us today!