ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Sales Support Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports in Helsinki, Vuosaari. You will be a member of the Azipod® sales support team, being responsible for the technical evaluation and preparation of technical material in sales projects.
• Define technical solution for Azipod propulsion system vessels
• Evaluate that customer requirements are fulfilled
• Working as Azipod technical specialist
• Participating in customer meetings in the sales phase
• Coordinating sales phase engineering activities
• A grandstand view to the international marine business
• The possibility to work together with the world's leading experts in the field of electric propulsion
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• M.Sc. in the field of Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering or equivalent knowledge
• A few years’ experience in the marine industry
• An understanding of ship specifications and knowledge of classification society rules
• Skills in MS Office tools and AutoCAD
• A customer-focused way of working and commitment to solve technical problems
• Possibility to travel within a short notice
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience in ship propulsion systems
• Experience in ship electric systems
• Knowledge of ship manufacturing processes
• Other language skills: German, French, Italian
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI61245229 by February 25th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tero Tamminen, tel. +358 50 332 3627.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees. www.abb.com