Sales Specialist / Account Manager
PerkinElmer Finland Oy
PerkinElmer is currently looking for a Sales Specialist / Account Manager (Turku)
Account Manager for Applied Genomics, a subdivision within Diagnostics. Will be part of the Nordic Diagnostic team, responsible for the commercial, operational and strategic objectives in the Nordic region.
- Responsible for sales, technical sales, marketing strategies and customer support in the Nordics, (incl Iceland). Prospection and development and actively scouting for new opportunities at existing and potential new accounts. Also defends the existing customer base and revenue by actively following the needs of the customers and providing a long-term strategy. The main focus will be to continue the expansion of the NGS workflow (pre and post sequencing), chemagen DNA/RNA extraction and purification technology.
- Provides high level information about techniques and products with the continuous aim of optimizing sales success and delivers hands-on training to customers to actively support the set-up of new products and technologies.
- Drives new product validation and national evaluations/validations with the ability to identify customer needs and trends and always presents PerkinElmer product and support services to customers appropriately and effectively. Ensures the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of the short and long term targets.
- Maintains accurate customer and prospect information utilizing approved information and database tools and technologies (salesforce.com). Provides and maintains account mapping on all accounts considered key to PerkinElmer success and build a strong relationship with his/her customers. Keeps and builds relationships with all other stakeholders that can drive the PKI sales, like KOL, large laboratory groups-associations-patient groups, policy makers. This to ensure that the continuous effort from PerkinElmer to develop new technologies will be characterized by a fast and smooth introduction in the field.
- As part of the PerkinElmer team collaborates closely with all different departments that can help to improve the customer experience with PerkinElmer. Through close collaboration with Product Specialists and with After Sales Services uses this positive approach to build strong relationships and creates for PerkinElmer a unique position in the market. Therefore it is needed to actively follow the initiated programs to improve our customer excellence and to implement the necessary actions when required.
- PerkinElmer office / home office based
- 25% travel – up to 50% in peak time
Education and experience:
- Degree in Science within Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar experience
- Experience in diagnostics sales or sales within pharma and research or similar.
Other skills and competencies
- Strong in opening new doors & finding new customers to expand our customer base
- Good understanding of the advanced methods, techniques and instruments within the area
- As example:
- Customer focused
- Innovative thinking in lead generation
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Results oriented and able to operate effectively in a multicultural global workplace
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Capable to operate independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English and Finnish - both verbally and written. Swedish language skills an advantage.
If you are interested in the position and feel that you have the necessary skills and experience, please send your application and CV as soon as possible, at the latest by 20th May, 2018 via the link below.
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.