ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Sales Manager at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports Business Line in Helsinki, Vuosaari. In this position, you will be part of our sales team in Finland with global customer base. You will be responsible for the ABB Marine electric systems service sales for assigned customers directly, as well as through our local ABB representatives. Travelling outside Finland is required in this role.
• Actively selling modernization of electric systems and service contracts as well as preparing technical and commercial proposals in order to find the best solution to suit customer needs
• Screening new business opportunities and supporting in developing new solutions according to market needs
• Working in close cooperation with the global service center network
• The opportunity to work in a truly global marine environment with possibilities to develope yourself in a demanding technical sales environment. Participation in service product development further enlarges the possibilities on this job.
• A good basis for career development within sales and other functions.
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a technical field, preferably in electrical power engineering or power generation
• A systematic and independent way of working but also readiness to work in a team
• Good communication skills, as well as ability to work under pressure and carry out several tasks in parallel
• Competent use of Microsoft Office tools
• Good knowledge of ABB Marine products and applications
• Excellent spoken and written skills in English and Finnish
Ideally you have
• Understanding of marine electrical systems
• Drive, persistence and an independent working style
• Results-focused way of working
• SAP and Salesforce experience
• Other language skills, e.g. Swedish are an advantage
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68947913 by June 2nd, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Toni Piispa, Sales Director, Marine Service, +358 50 3321 078.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com