ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Sales Manager at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports unit in Vuosaari, Helsinki. You will be looking after customers and identifying new opportunities in our range of maintenance jobs, service contracts and modernization of ABB Azipod® propulsion units. The position takes you to a truly global marine environment where you can grow as a technical sales specialist.
• Creating quotations
• Maintaining close customer contact
• Screening new business opportunities
• Providing support in the development of new solutions according to market needs
• Potentially also participating in the development of marketing materials and developing sales tools.
• A challenging position in international marine business
• The opportunity for personal development in a demanding technical sales environment
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical or naval engineering
• At least three years’ working experience in the sales or sales support of marine services or in another mechanical equipment supplier’s service operations
• A systematic and independent way of working
• Experience in a multicultural environment
• Good customer communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure and to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in service agreement models
• Proven skills in creating documents and presentation materials
• A good knowledge of ABB Marine’s products and applications
• Other language skills (e.g. Finnish and Swedish).
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66565291 by January 24, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact sales director Tommi Lassila, tel. +358 50 332 6024.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com