ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional for the position of a Sales Manager for ice-going vessels. You will be working Propulsion Solutions Sales at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Vuosaari, Helsinki. You will be involved mainly in front end sales activities and working as a team member in contract negotiations with customers.
• Implementing strategic initiatives to develop sales plans for Propulsion Solutions
• Participating in technical negotiations and workshops with customers and design bureaus
• Travelling worldwide to meet customers
• A grandstand view to international marine business
• The possibility to work together with the world’s leading experts in the field of electric propulsion
• The opportunity for personal development and furthering your career in a global company
• M.Sc. in the field of Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or equivalent
• Several years of professional experience working in the maritime or shipbuilding industry
• Experience in and capability to understand end user business needs in the field of ice-going vessels
• Fluency in English
Ideally, you have
• A proven track record in sales with a number of success stories
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66481649 by January 25, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact LPG Sales Manager Ilmari Ackley, tel. +358 50 332 6625.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com