ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Sales Manager at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Helsinki, Vuosaari. You will be responsible for the Azipod® service sales for the assigned shipowners through our local ABB representatives. This position will offer you the opportunity to work in the global marine business with the possibility to develop yourself in a demanding technical sales environment.
• Actively selling preventive maintenance, service contracts and modernization of ABB Azipod propulsion units
• Preparing technical and commercial proposals to find the best solutions to the customer needs
• Screening new business opportunities and supporting the development of new solutions
• Working in close cooperation with the global service center network
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical or naval engineering
• A few years’ relevant work experience
• Good knowledge of ABB Marine products and applications
• Systematic and independent way of working
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Ability to work under pressure and to carry out several tasks in parallel
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Experience or education in onboard working
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65199464 by May 31, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tommi Lassila, tel. +358 50 332 6024.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com