Sales Manager, Nordics
Finnair Cargo has completed one of the industry’s biggest transformations, and now boasts most modern terminal facilities, the heavily automated COOL terminal at Helsinki Airport, and a state-of-the art digital infrastructure. We are now focusing on continuous improvement to benefit our operational performance and taking full use of our capabilities and in line with Finnair strategy concentrating especially on traffic between Europe and Asia. Our development agenda is heavily geared towards driving value for our global customers in a sustainable way.
We are now looking for a target-oriented and eager
SALES MANAGER, NORDICS
to join our Finnair Cargo’s sales. In this role, you will ensure set sales targets in Nordics sales area are reached in conformity within allocated budgets and resources and are in line with Finnair cargo values and company policies. You will actively coordinate, execute and review performance of sales initiatives implemented by the sales agents (GSA’s). You will strive to sell and promote Finnair network, air cargo products and services to forwarding agents in Nordics and negotiate with freight forwarders in an aligned manner with GSA activities.
As Sales Manager, Nordics, you will take part in strategic and sales planning and ensure implementation of plans in your sales area. You will be expected to continuously look for new air cargo business and develop key accounts to bring maximum revenue to Finnair Cargo. You will actively analyze the market, freight forwarder performance, Finnair market shares, Finnair performance in the markets, the competitor environment and developments in these areas and report findings.
We are looking for a person with ability to do solution selling with a customer-oriented attitude and who is hungry for sales and equipped with strong negotiation and relationship building abilities. You might be the person we are looking for if you are also able to take an analytical and data driven approach and are open to new ideas and ready to take a proactive approach to finding improvements and innovations and keeping an eye on what is going on in the market.
Our expectations from you:
- Several years of experience in airline, logistics or freight industry with knowledge of different cargo products and their requirements.
- Strong sales orientation with several years of relevant work experience in managing B-to-B sales with a proven track record.
- Experience in negotiating and account management together with knowledge of agreements and their structure.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to present to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the aptitude to build and sustain strong relationships with customers and GSAs and sales team members.
- Good leadership and management skills
- Ability to see big picture and analyze data for best possible outcomes
- Ability to drive Finnair values and business ideas locally in an innovative manner.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented way of working together with positive and supporting attitude.
- Fluent in English, Finnish and Swedish, both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of PC and MS Office tools, knowledge of SkyChain, PowerBI or WorldACD is considered a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field or equivalent
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and willingness to travel
- Expertise in the Nordics markets, and understanding of Finnair and offline destinations networkwide is considered an advantage.
This position offers you a great opportunity to utilize and develop both your sales management skills in a challenging role in which you get to strongly contribute to Finnair Cargo’s business performance. The person selected will be based in our offices in Vantaa (Finland), but work requires travelling, mainly in the Nordics countries.
Got excited? Get on board! Please send your application with your CV, cover letter and salary request latest by March 1st via our online form at www.finnair.com/jobs. We will start going through applications already during the application period. For more information, please contact, Anja Pöyhönen on February 21st at 13:00-14:00 or on February 24th at 10:00-11:00.
You may also send your questions to Talent Acquisition Consultant, Helka Rytkönen, email@example.com.