Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports business line in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
- Creating technical specifications and quotation proposals for service jobs and service contracts in close co-operation with Sales Managers.
- Offering maintenance jobs, service contracts and modernization of ABB Azipod® propulsion units.
- Screening new business opportunities and giving support in the development of new solutions according to market needs will also be an important part of your job.
- Participating in the development of marketing material and developing sales tools will also be possible in this position.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in technology preferably from mechanical or naval engineering.
- Relevant experience from service business is a benefit.
- Some years’ experience from sales or sales support in marine service or other mechanical equipment supplier's service or project industry.
- Good customer communication skills as well as the ability to work under pressure and to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Systematic and independent way of working.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, other language skills are beneficial.
- Proven skills of creating documents and presentation material as well as good knowledge of ABB Marine & Ports’ products and applications is considered an advantage.
- If you are new in sales, you must have customer focused mindset and a can-do attitude.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
-The opportunity to work in a truly global marine environment with the possibility to develop yourself in a demanding technical sales environment.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68808780 by August 30, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Sales Director Tommi Lassila, tel. +358 50 332 6024.