Sales Configurator Development Engineer
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Sales Configurator Development Engineer at Motors & Generators, ABB Oy, in Helsinki Finland. This position is located in our R&D department. In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of product models in our sales configurator for large induction motors.
Your work in charge of our configurator maintenance is mostly independent work, as you will be creating new product variants into the configurator, updating accessories and product sales items and keeping cost and pricing of products up-to-date.
You will also run monthly sales configurator governance meetings in co-operation with product management and sales, therefore you will also need good team working and organizational skills. This position requires a proactive approach to work, as you will need to actively seek out knowledge in order to develop product models and keep our product data up-to-date.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for professional development in the field of R&D or other function in a global technology company
• An opportunity to learn about the sales configurator and support our business by developing it further.
• An opportunity to get familiar with the processes related to the configurator (R&D, product management, cost & pricing, sales)
• The possibility to play a key role in supporting our key business by developing our sales tools
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or IT
• Ability to create and understand causalities and logical relationships between input and output parameters of the configurator
• Ability and interest in focusing on detailed work
• Analytical and logical way of working
• Fluent Finnish and English language skills
Ideally, you have
• Experience in sales or engineering configurator development and maintenance
• Knowledge and experience about product model governance
• Interest in programming and IT systems
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the FI67798890 by March 31, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Marko Honkarinta, R&D Team Leader, tel. +358 50 332 4844.