Safety & Security Superintendent
We are now looking to strengthen our Finnlines Ship Management organization with a Safety and Security Superintendent on permanent basis. This position will be based either at Finnlines HQ in Port of Vuosaari, Finland or at our local Ship Management office in Malmö, Sweden.
As Safety and Security Superintendent, you will work together with other specialists within the Safety and Security department and report directly to our Marine Manager. You are responsible for the daily operation and inspection on the vessels assigned to you in accordance with the ISM- and ISPS code.
You and your colleagues ensure that Finnlines complies with the latest industry standards and requirements. You will supervise, support and assist our vessels in matters of safety and security, and you carry out internal, ISM, ISPS and MLC audits.
Key responsibilities of the Safety and Security Superintendent are:
- Implementing and monitoring a high safety culture in the company and on board.
- Development, maintenance and implementation of the Safety Management System in accordance with the ISM Code and the ship security system in accordance with the ISPS Code.
- Carrying out internal ISM, ISPS and MLC audits both ashore and on all vessels
- Scheduling and facilitating external ISM and ISPS audits.
- Participating in inspections from authorities and following up that remarks are dealt with in time.
- Keeping yourself updated with maritime and industry requirements.
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating the impact of new regulations and industry requirements, including developing or revising existing fleet procedures.
- Following up on Non-Conformities reports and conducting incident and injury investigations to identify root causes.
- Assisting vessels and Superintendent during dockings with safety and security matters.
- Participating in planning of emergency drills (internal and external/third party) as required.
The position is independent, but you will be supported by the whole Safety and Security department. You will also be a member of the company emergency team.
What we can offer you:
We offer an independent and challenging role in one of the leading RoRo and RoPax shipping companies in northern Europe. You will work with an international team of experts and be able to develop and deepen your professional skills in one of the most advanced in-house ship management functions in the Nordics. Finnlines, being part of the Grimaldi Group, is financially stable and successfully executing its long-term strategy towards even more sustainable shipping operations.
What we expect from you:
You may be the person we are looking for if you are a Master Mariner with at least 5 years of sea-going experience, preferably with experience from both RoRo and RoPax vessel operations.
Furthermore, we believe that the right candidate should possess the following mindset and skills:
- A genuine interest in safety and security at sea.
- Independent, organized, “hands on” attitude with a high degree of initiative and drive.
- Proactive, open-minded with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to manage cross-functional relationships.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
To succeed in this position, you must have a good knowledge and understanding in maritime legislation and regulations. Previous audit training and experience is also appreciated. You are able to perform well under pressure and are used to communicate effectively to various stakeholders. Furthermore, we expect that you are fluent in English and have a good knowledge in Finnish or Swedish language. The position requires ability to travel and respond at short notice.
Did you get excited?
If you are interested in joining our team, please act quickly as we will start evaluating applications already during the recruitment process. The best candidates will be invited to interviews and further evaluations as soon as the application period ends.
If you wish to hear more about this position, please contact our Marine Manager Anders Hamming, phone +46 706 338 610, on Tuesday 7th Jan 2020 at 10-12 (Swedish time) and Thursday 9th Jan 2020 at 10-12 (Swedish time). Applications and CV’s accompanied with your salary expectation shall be submitted no later than 12th Jan 2020 through the following link. Please mention in your application when you would be able to start working.
For more information about us please visit our website. Follow us also on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Company website: http://www.finnlines.com