Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company building a better future for us all? UPM leads the integration of bio and forest industries into a new, sustainable and innovation-driven future. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Safety Manager, to join our UPM Pulp Finland Operations.
UPM’s Biorefining Business Area leverages the synergies of its Pulp, Timber and Biofuels businesses. Focusing on growth, we create value and new business opportunities from wood and biomass originating solely from sustainable sources. Our modern production sites in Finland are closely integrated in four areas covering three pulp mills, four sawmills and a biorefinery producing wood-based renewable diesel, as well as wood sourcing and forestry operations. In Uruguay we run a pulp mill and plantation operations.
UPM Pulp serves the global market with a comprehensive range of sustainably produced eucalyptus, birch and softwood pulp grades for a variety of tissue, specialty paper, board, printing and writing paper, and other applications. We serve a global customer base – our main markets are in Europe and China. Our reliability as a supplier is based on modern and efficient mills in Finland and Uruguay, a dynamic sales force, local technical support and service, and long term logistics partners. www.upmpulp.com
Greetings from your future manager:
“This is a good opportunity to join UPM Pulp Finland Operations team, which is committed to safety as a value concept” –Juha Kääriäinen
What you’ll do
- Overall responsibility for management of UPM’s Pulp Finland operations Health & Safety (HS/OHS) programs, in line with UPM requirements, to achieve continuous improvement in HS performance
- Advise and support the UPM Pulp Finland Operations management team on HS matters
- Verify compliance with HS regulations as well as company policies, procedures and standards for operations
- Identify and develop global policies to improve safety performance in UPM Pulp Finnish mills
- Responsible for management of the HS auditing program and development of the global OHS Management System
- Build and develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate for achieving common HS goals
- Participate in UPM OHS network, act as liaison between UPM Pulp SBA and other business areas and communicate UPM safety objectives to UPM Pulp SBA
- In this position you will report to Vice President, Finland Operations, UPM Pulp
Who you are
- You have strong leadership skills and ability to implement and boost change
- You are committed to achieving results and have strong personal drive
- You have a university degree preferably in safety, environmental science, engineering, or other technical or scientific field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an HS management role in a manufacturing environment and line organization experience
- You have good verbal and written communications skills
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located in one of the pulp mills (Kaukas, Kymi or Pietarsaari) in Finland.
For further information, please contact VP Finland Operations, Juha Kääriäinen, tel. +358407750355.
Please apply via the link below and attach your CV and cover letter latest 21.05.2018.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1133516
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Kouvola, Lappeenranta, Pietarsaari