Do you enjoy working with data, have an analytical mindset and are you interested in collaborating in an international team towards excellence in risk reporting using IFRS9 (loan losses)?
Then this job is a must see!
The Risk Management Information analyst is a role in the Enterprise Risk Management department. You will be working in a vital area of Santander´s risk strategy where your daily job will involve collaboration across the different departments inside Risk as well as with other functions outside Risk, such as Finance, Collections, IT and HQ (among others).
You will be part of a friendly, collaborative and supportive team where your area of responsibility will include extracting and working with data, IFRS9, and reporting: month close, consolidation, budgeting and forecasting across the Nordic countries.
Data will be a key part of your work as it is an essential part of all risk processes to identify, measure and mitigate risks inherent to our core business activities
- Ownership and delivery of Nordic risk reporting, analytics and consolidation: period closing, forecasting and budgeting processes (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Data analytics and use of BI tools for reporting automation.
- Applying IFRS9 regulation to implement internal policies, financial reporting needs and memos to support accounting IFRS9 decisions related to loan losses.
- Preparation and performance of ad hoc analysis for reporting to relevant stakeholders, including management, HQ and auditors.
- Developing common, documented, best practice ways of working for closing and forecasting processes
- Solving delivery and sourcing challenges in a common way and working with teams to build on the future common data infrastructure
- Working together with Risk and Business Units regarding IFRS9 regarding loan losses and in ad hoc projects.
- Delivery on internal control methodology (including SOX), and upkeep of our risk data quality environment and compliance with BCBS 239.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 4 years experience in the financial industry within Risk, Analytics or Finance (analyst vs senior analyst).
- Proven experience in analysing and creating accounting memos on IFRS9 Loan Losses.
- Audit experience in relation to IFRS9.
- Intermediate to advanced SAS and/or SQL programming skills (certification will be an advantage).
- Advance Excel macro and VBA knowledge is an advantage.
- Understanding of credit risk fundamentals.
- Experience with Internal controls: identification, documentation, assessment, mitigation, monitoring etc.
- Proven record of creating budgeting and forecasting processes in the financial industry (focus on the risk area is an advantage).
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts and structures.
- Master’s or Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- You need a valid residence /work permit for any of the Nordic countries.
Skills and personal traits required to succeed:
- Comfortable working independently and in teams, combining leading and supportive roles with strong problem solving competence
- Able to develop and foster strong relationships with people at all levels in the organization
- Flexible and service oriented in terms of going the extra mile when required
- Organized, structured and able to execute on the plans and tasks given
- Internally motivated self-starter and self-driven attitude
- Curious, attentive to details and take pride in delivering at a high quality level
- Mindset for change and ability to act as a change agent towards units
- Working in an international company that delivers great results, has high ambitions and is developing into the future
- High level of diversity and a multi-cultural working environment
- Many interesting development opportunities and the ability to establish a career in a solid international company
- A working culture that is informal, but at the same time professional and dynamic, with the opportunity to make an impact
- Many active sports arrangements and other social events (subject to COVID restriction)
- Opportunity for internal mobility and international exchange programs globally
The position is based in any of the four Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark). Traveling within the Nordic countries may be required.
You need a valid residence /work permit for any of the Nordic countries
For more information about the position, please contact Javier Fonseca, Risk Mi Leader