Cargo Risk Engineer Business Area If Industrial
If Industrial insure large Nordic companies and our gross written premium is nearly 7 billion SEK. Property and Cargo Underwriting is responsible for underwriting property and cargo insurance for Nordic industry and their operations abroad. Our close co-operation with our clients has provided us with a solid foundation for assisting the industry in reducing exposures to loss. Based on this experience we provide pragmatic, tailored solutions to our industrial clients' needs and operations throughout the world. As stand-alone covers we often handle large size global cargo, marine liability program. These Clients require our support and participation in ensuring good risk management as well as loss prevention work.
Now we are looking for a Cargo Risk Engineer to join our team. The position is preferred based in Espoo (Finland) but Denmark is an option also, however, supporting the Nordic organization.
Our Risk Management professionals work in close cooperation with our Underwriting, Sales and Client organizations.
Why you should join our team
- Do you want to be a key player in the biggest insurance company in the Nordics?
- We offer an opportunity, together with us, to work with some of the largest and most exciting companies in the Nordic region
- As an Cargo Risk Engineer, you will primarily be working Cargo related risk surveys both physical and desktop as well as Loss prevention work and loading surveys
- You will be conducting risk assessments and client consultations based on Nordic and international loss prevention standards in close co-operation with Cargo Underwriters
- Travelling to other countries is expected
- Negotiate with customers and brokers
- Provide customers and brokers with ongoing service
- Product development
We believe that you have
- Preferably an academic education at university level within relevant area
- Experience from transport and logistic markets with emphasis on claims handling or surveys and quality audits are valued
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of corporate risk management needs, transport and warehouse/storage risk management, good understanding and experience in working with international insurance programs is preferred but not a requirement
- Nautical experience such as Deck Officer or general experience from Cargo insurance business is a merit
- Very good communication and cooperation skills
- Analytical approach and strategic understanding
- Curious mindset to learn new skills and to find best solutions for customers’ needs
- Interest to utilize digital solutions in our business
- Nordic approach where you collaborate with your colleagues in the Nordic countries
- Excellent English and Finnish language skills
Our promise to you
- You will be part of Property and Cargo team handling complex and interesting Cargo risks with our clients and brokers
- You will work together in client teams. This means you as an Cargo Risk Engineer will also work with, Account Executive, Risk Engineers, Claims Adjuster etc.
Get in touch with us
Preferred you will be stationed in Espoo (Finland), but Denmark is an option also. Travelling will be a part of the role due to relationships with customers and brokers.
For more information regarding the position, please contact hiring manager:
Hannu Hirvonen, Head of Property and Cargo Underwriting Finland, Phone: +358 40 505 4113 (on 2 July between 10-11 a.m. EET), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like your application with salary request at latest the 31 July. 2021, but please apply as soon as possible.
Looking forward hearing from you!