We are strengthening our international RDI (Research, Development and Innovation) team with three researchers in Finland. We have open position in each of the following teams:
Metal industry products
Flooring products for professionals
Decorative interior products
Your main responsibilities will include the development of new products and improvement of existing products in alignment with the company’s goals.
To succeed in this role, you will have the ambition to develop our technical solutions and ability to react flexibly to the results of your actions and to the needs of our customers. You enjoy working as part of an international research team and you are also able to make decisions independently. You communicate and co-operate efficiently with Tikkurila’s RDI community and other stakeholders with a goal to achieve the best customer value. You will actively follow the development of raw materials, application techniques and markets to ensure the competitiveness of our products.
We expect you to have
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent
- Relevant experience in paint technology or in R&D or high enthusiasm in developing the field
- Experience with 2-component products is a benefit in metal industry and flooring positions
- Experience in DoE or statistical analysis or any other special skill related to R&D work would be a benefit in interior Deco team
- Knowledge of test standards used in paint industry
- Ability and interest to understand chemical background of paint and paint components, and follow the development of the industry
- Experience in technical project management
- Result and solution oriented, analytical mindset
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent verbal and written English and Finnish, other language skills are an advantage
The positions are based in Tikkurila headquarters in Vantaa, Finland.
We offer you a chance to work with a Nordic market leader in a challenging and international position with an opportunity for professional development, and an inspiring and motivating place to work with great colleagues.
For more information please contact:
- Metal industry products: RDI manager Merja Koivisto, tel. +358 40 7648338, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week 48: 25 - 26.11, Week 49, Week 50: 9 - 10.12, 13.12.
- Professional floorings: Team leader Nia Korpela, tel. +358 40 6279598, email@example.com.
Week 48: 25.11, 27 - 28.11, Week 50: 9.12, 11 – 12.12.
- Decorative interior products: Team leader Lauri Lintuvuori,
tel.+358 40 0739322, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week 48: 29.11 at 13-14, Week 49: 2.12 at 9.30-11, Week 50: 11.12 at 9.30-11.
Please apply by 13.12.2019.
Tikkurila is a leading Nordic paint company with expertise that spans decades. We develop premium products and services that provide our customers quality that will stand the test of time and weather. We operate in ten countries and our 2,700 dedicated professionals share the joy of building a vivid future through surfaces that make a difference. In 2018, our revenue totaled EUR 562 million. The company is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Nordic quality from start to finish since 1862.