Researchers, Renewable Feedstocks
In what condition do we leave this planet for the next generation?
We are looking for two
Researchers, Renewable Feedstocks
to join our Feedstock Research team in Porvoo.
Your part in Neste journey
It is great time to join us!
Neste is the world's leading producer of renewable products as well as the world's largest producer of renewable diesel made from waste and residues. To maintain the global leadership we want to grow our waste and residue raw material and production platforms with the promise to help our customers reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by at least 20 million tons every year by 2030. We are now seeking research minded technology professionals to work on developing the winning feedstock solutions to meet this ambion.
In your role, you will
- Build knowledge of oils and fats waste and residues, their compositions and chemistry, variations of quality and quality changes during logistics chain and processing
- Develop purification technologies to enable utilization of the waste and residue oils and fats for the production of renewable products.
- Plan, organise, lead and report internal and external analysis and experimental work related to waste and residue oils and fats feedstocks.
- Provide feedstock supply organisation with technical support related to new feedstocks and long term feedstock supply development related questions.
You will work closely with Neste R&D, feedstock supply and business units and with external feedstock and research partners to enable our strategic ambition to grow our waste and residue reach. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We have a small team of experts working in Feedstock Research. Our team contributes to the development of new feedstocks and their value chains. We are responsible for delivering feedstock competence and preprocessing solutions enabling the use of different feedstocks for the production of fuels, chemicals and materials.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master's degree or higher in Chemical or Process Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Bioprocess engineering, Biochemistry, Plant Design or Chemical Reactions Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience of R&D work, process technology development, process engineering, plant unit operations or quality control from relevant process industries
- Solid understanding of chemistry or biochemistry
- Track record of cooperation in-house and with partners
- Strong organizing skills and systematic way of working
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
We also value
- Knowhow related to renewable oils and fats feedstock and their value, logistic and processing chains
- Chemistry and reaction knowhow related to lipids and their degradation e.g. oxidation
- Work experience from renewable oils and fats or relevant waste and residues related R&D or processing industry e.g. food industry, oleochemistry, biodiesel production, tall oil production or renewable diesel production.
- Understanding of organic analytics, particularly if related to lipid materials
- Understanding of surface chemistry such as micelles, foaming etc.
- Experience from project management or business development related tasks or co-operations
- Decision making skills
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Miia Laamanen (Head of R&D, Feedstock and Pretreatment, +358 50 458 7719, firstname.lastname@example.org) on 29th of August during 14-16 pm or on 3rd of September during 9-11 am.
Please submit your application by 9th of September 2019 end of day.
The recruitment process includes two interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on week 38.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.