We are now looking for a Researcher to join our Exterior Wood and Metal team.
Your main responsibilities will include the development of new products and improvement of existing products in alignment with the company’s goals.
To succeed in this role, you will have the ambition to develop our technical solutions and ability to react flexibly to the results of your actions and to the needs of our customers. You enjoy working as part of an international research team and you are also able to make decisions independently. You communicate and co-operate efficiently with Tikkurila’s RDI community and other stakeholders with a goal to achieve the best customer value. You will actively follow the development of raw materials, application techniques and markets to ensure the competitiveness of our products.
We expect you to have:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent
- Relevant experience in paint technology, especially water-borne and solvent borne products for wood surfaces
- Knowledge of test standards and -methods used in the paint industry
- Ability and interest to understand chemical background of paint and paint components, and follow the development of the industry
- Experience in technical project management
- Result and solution-oriented mindset
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent verbal and written English. Finnish skills are an advantage.
The position is based in Tikkurila RDI Centre in Vantaa, Finland. You will report to RDI Manager, Exterior Wood and Metal.
We offer you a chance to work with a Nordic market leader in a challenging and international position with an opportunity for professional development, and an inspiring and motivating place to work with great colleagues.
For more information please contact Magnus Engblom, phone +358201912507, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply latest by 15.11.2020.
Tikkurila is a leading Nordic paint company with expertise that spans decades. We develop premium products and services that provide our customers quality that will stand the test of time and weather. We operate in eleven countries and our 2,700 dedicated professionals share the joy of building a vivid future through surfaces that make a difference. In 2019, our revenue totaled EUR 564 million. The company is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Nordic quality from start to finish since 1862.